A few weeks back we bought a new printer a Brother MFC-J6910DW so far we’re very happy with it. Setup was very straightforward and we had it working on our network from both computers in under an hour (which is essentially how long it took for us to unpack it and install the relevant software on the computers). Some of the things which we like about it:
- wireless connectivity to all computers
- wireless scanning directly to a computer or flash drive
- 35 page auto document feeder
- 2 paper trays
- 11×17 (Ledger) printing and scanning
- duplex printing
- duplex scanning (doesn’t do Ledger duplex, only goes up to legal)
Because of the convenience of the connectivity of the new printer we’ve managed to digitize a bunch of stuff which was too large or inconvenient to scan previously, and we’ve managed to get rid of some paper.
So if anyone needs to make use of our giant scanner/printer let us know.
Oh, another interesting feature (required a firmware update to the printer) is that Karin can print directly from her iPhone wirelessly.